Saturday, December 22, 2018



"But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me, the glory and the lifter of my head..."  Psalm 3:3

This morning I came to my place of prayer with heaviness.  I turned to Psalm 3 and took up my lament about a difficult situation I've been faced with.  The voice of my inner man was harsh and over-bearing; I was beating myself up!

As I focused on the Word of God in this verse, I pictured the Lord as a shield surrounding me, my thoughts changed..."I got a new GameChanger thought!"

The Scripture reminded me that the Lord is a very present Help in time of trouble so I  started to look for Him, to seek for Him, and to find Him as my shield in this situation.  I saw Him then...in all His beauty as He began to form a lovely shield around me. What had previously looked like a "thundercloud" surrounding me was now a lovely flower.  You see, I'm not a flower lover and don't usually pay attention to them; but this lovely image came to my attention and it seemed to speak to my heart that He is altogether lovely and I am sheltered within this beautiful shield and nothing can by any means harm me...He affirmed that I am following the things which are good and that He is my defense!  

After getting this image, I was able to pray with boldness and confidence telling the Lord just how I feel and asking for just what I need in this current difficulty. I poured out my heart to Him on behalf of all involved in this difficult situation and am assured there will be correction and blessing to Everyone because He is my glory and the lifter of my head.  "Fear knocked on my door today; but Faith answered and there was no fear when I looked up!"  

Chaplain Cynthia 




No comments:

Post a Comment