Wednesday, January 24, 2018

My "Thank You, Jesus" Vase!

Last week, I attended a community meeting and participated in a "White Elephant" Sale.  I bought a vase identical to this one for 50 cents!  My vase has a small chip on the lip; but I only wanted to use it to collect change.  Here in Florida, we have found we need change to pay toll road fees!  But God had a greater purpose for me to purchase this vase.

I placed my vase in a heavy traffic area of the house so I would not forget it's purpose.  I loved the caption, "Thank You" on the vase; so I started saying, "Thank You" and added the Name of Above All Names to my expression saying, "Thank You, Jesus!"

The expression of thanks to Jesus caused me to remember that I can be filled with faith, hope and love through believing to see His goodness around me.  The Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see just how much I needed to SEE HIS GOODNESS in my life.

Psalm 37:21 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

All week, whenever I look at or think of my pretty vase, I say, "Thank You, Jesus" and I smile too~
He has opened the eyes of my heart to see His goodness all around me.  I've seen His goodness to lead Robert and me to Florida for the winter.We are here on Mission - to share the gospel and show the love of God to those He places in our path.  I have seen His goodness to give my children and their families NEW & Unexpected OPEN DOORS for their homes, families and careers!

One example of this week's "Thank You, Jesus" insights is that  Matt, our son, launched his own record label, Dial Back Sound, the same name as his recording studio in Water Valley, MS. We see God's goodness to increase and expand Matt's place in the music business; we are so very grateful!  I'll share specific news about other developments in another Blog as I have permission.

 I tell you, Friends, we have worked, prayed and waited for some of these things to unfold for a very long time.  This week they seemed to happen "suddenly"; but God's timing is perfect isn't it?

Psalm 27:131 "Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, Now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs."

In Closing, I just want to say, "Thank You, Jesus!"   I just want to "Thank You, Lord!"


Evangelist Cynthia Patton





No comments:

Post a Comment